Thursday, June 10, 2010

San Pablo la Laguna

We delivered the truckload of food to a pastor's home in San Pablo la Laguna, a small town on the northern shore of Lake Atitlan.


Many willing helpers unloaded the food. The pastor knew of 125 families in the vicinity that were affected by the mud slides.



Street in San Pablo. There were tuk tuks (three wheeled taxis) everywhere. Unlike the other towns we've visited on the shores of Lake Atitlan, San Pablo does not appear to receive many tourists.


Charlie and I took a short tuk tuk ride down to the lake.


After leaving San Pablo, we dropped off more food at a nearby town called Santa Clara la Laguna. I was pleased to discover a nearby market. I took a few pictures while the guys unloaded the food. I wish I'd had more time; I love the local markets.



This is one of the few areas of the country where the men wear skirts as their native dress.




No comments: