Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Visit to Rosa de Amor

The Rosa de Amor orphanage is home to approximately 35 children, ages newborn to 17 years. We try to visit several times a month and have enjoyed getting to know these dear children. These photos are from our most recent visit, Saturday, Jan. 9.



This orphanage does not have many resources, so we always try to take along an activity or two for the children. On this visit we brought play dough and paper, markers, and stickers. The children love to draw and color, and they are especially thrilled with stickers, even the older ones.


Charlie and Jim spent the afternoon working on the director's car. They eventually decided it needed to be taken to the garage for repairs.


This teen wanted Alisha to read her a book. We suspect she may not know how to read.



I had fun with the ladies in the kitchen. They tried to teach me how to make tortillas. I discovered it was much harder than it looked, and they had fun laughing at my efforts.



Me with "my girls" - Yolanda, Saucia, and Sylvia. I am holding sweet little Rosita Gabriela, daughter of one of the teens not pictured.




No comments: